|Material:||BGK is made of specially formulated fibers to insure maximum performance and durability. It’s designed to perfectly fit water pick-up rollers, used for web offset newspaper presses. Available in 10 and 25 yard (9.14 – 22.86m) rolls, with outside diameters from 1/2 – 6″ (12.7 – 152.4mm).|
BGK is knit with moisture activated, shrinking yarn. In order to avoid premature shrinkage, store in a cool, dry place. Reseal the plastic storage bag securely after each use.
- Cut cover about 12” longer than the roller. Allow extra material when using cable ties to secure to roller core/shaft.
- Simply slide the cover over the roller. Wet only the middle half of the cover with hot water 120°F (50°C) maximum in one minute. The purpose of pre-wetting just the center area of the roller is to allow some lateral shrinkage to take place before the ends are secured. This will reduce the possibility of the cover shrinking off the roller. IMPORTANT: Do not wet the cover any closer than 6″ (152.4mm) of the roller ends.
- The ends of the cover can be sewn or wrapped tightly with string or secured with nylon cable ties. If sewing, make close stitches approximately 1/4″ (6.35mm) apart.
- Now saturate the entire cover with warm to hot water for about one minute. (Note: Proper water temperature is required to assure complete shrinkage)
- Mount the roller(s) on the press. Adjust the cover-to-plate pressure according to the press manufacturer’s specifications. Note that BGK absorbs and retains more fountain solution than cotton dampening materials and may require less pressure and/or a lower water transfer setting than you are accustomed to using.